Matt Ferrugio , his Sales Manager and a service tech were, I believe, deliberately deceitful in selling me a used vehicle with a known engine problem. I asked them to compensate me for a percentage of the $1,900.00+ cost to repair the problem which they knew about at the time I bought the vehicle, but didn’t fix, or inform me of the problem.

I’m a Viet Nam Veteran, retired and on a fixed income. I saved most of 2017 to buy my wife a used car. The first part of December, 2017 I drove 2.5 hours from the west coast to Royal Palm Nissan to check out a used car they had for sale on the internet. The vehicle looked and sounded good; I test drove it and the “Check Engine” light came on and the RPM’s of the engine became limited to about 3,000.

Matt Ferrugio was with me and he had a service tech test it. Matt came back to me and said they checked the code and it showed that the computer was in a safely mode and they just had to clear the code, which they did. I test drove the vehicle again and everything seemed fine, so I bought the vehicle and drove it back home to the west coast without any problems. The next day the “check Engine” light came back on so I took it to the local dealer and found out that the code showed an expensive engine fuel injection problem.

I had no choice then pay to fix it; I then contacted Matt Ferrugio about the situation and he responded that his manager would reimburse me only $500.00 of the $1,900.00+. I countered saying I’ll settle for $1,000.00 (about 50%); they have since ignored me. I guess the impression that most of us, who have been around a long time, have about “Used Car Salesmen” is still true, Their Shysters! To follow up on my Review of Royal Palm Nissan, my unfriendly comments about how the Used Car Sales Department was deceitful in not being “Up Front” with me about a major engine problem when I was buying a vehicle from them, which cost me over $1,900.00 to repair.

The review I wrote caught the General Manager’s attention; he wanted to be contacted privately regarding my dissatisfaction; I tried twice to do so via an e-mail directly to him and have not been contacted back. I’m beginning to believe that the management of the dealership doesn’t have the customer service skills that customers of any business should expect, but more often than not don’t receive. I’ve spent 30 years in customer service related businesses and always addressed the issues brought to my attention and trained my subordinates to do the same. It’s easier to keep a customer then to find a new one and a satisfied customer brings new customers.

If he, as Royal Palm Nissan’s General Manager, doesn’t understand this, the managers under him certainly will not.

I just want to come to an agreement to put this issue behind us. Don Charleston

Product or Service Mentioned: 2006 Toyota 4runner Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $1900.

Preferred solution: Reimbursement of all or percentage of repair cost..

I didn't like: Felt deceived.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 12.

Comments

I want to follow up regarding my bad review of Royal Palm Nissan of Royal Palm Beach, Florida. That dealership has new owners and is now 411 Nissan and the management, under the leadership of Ron Mayhall, General Manager of the Sales Department has “ Stepped Up To The Plate” and made right the deceitful dealing of the previous management by reimbursing me for the repair costs on the vehicle I purchased.

It gives me faith that there is now Customer Service oriented management at this dealership; they did what the previous management didn’t do in making things right even though it was not their actions that compelled me to post the bad review.

I recommend 411 Nissan of Palm Beach, Florida to anyone looking to buy a new or used vehicle; I believe management there will keep excellent Customer Service in the forefront their dealings with customers.

Don Charleston